ASEAN Foundation – Kyoto University Scholarship Programme under the Framework of the ASEAN Credit Transfer System Programme
(for Spring Semester 2015)
The ASEAN Foundation (AF) and Kyoto University (KU) have entered into an agreement to contribute to the strengthening of ASEAN – Japan friendly relations through human resource development in the region through the ASEAN Foundation – Kyoto University Scholarship Programme under the Framework of the ASEAN Credit Transfer System Programme.
The ASEAN Foundation, an initiative of the Leaders of the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN), was established on 15 December 1997 to help bring about shared prosperity and a sustainable future for the peoples of all ASEAN countries. It has been mandated to promote greater awareness of ASEAN and greater interaction among its peoples and their increased participation in ASEAN activities as well as to undertake development cooperation activities that enhance mutual assistance, address equitable economic development and reduce poverty.
The Kyoto University is a national university located in Kyoto, Japan, with office address at Yoshida-Honnmachi, Sakyo-ku, Kyoto 606-8501, Japan. It is the second oldest Japanese university and one of the highest ranked universities in Asia. As one of Asia’s leading research-oriented institutions, Kyoto University is famed for producing world-class researchers, including nine Nobel Prize laureates, two Fields medalists and one Gauss Prize.The Kyoto University will hereinafter be referred to as “KU”.
Under this Scholarship Programme, ten (10) slots are available for ASEAN nationals who are interested to undertake one semester at undergraduate level in the KU through the ACTS Programme. Applicants must come from universities of the ASEAN University Network member. Credits granted during the Scholarship period will be transferable to home universities. Selection of successful applicants will be based on merit.
Scholarships are open to bonafide ASEAN nationals who come from universities of the ASEAN University Network member and who must:
- Apply online through the ACTS Programmewebsitehttps://acts.ui.ac.id.
- Be currently enrolled in an undergraduate programmeat a home university.
- Have proven their English proficiency as mandated by the KU.
- Maintain a grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 or above.
- Have a strong commitment to return to their community or in any ASEAN country after completing the Programme.
- Be willing to nurture sustainable relations with the AF and the KU and promote both parties to their peers in home countries.
- Contribute to the promotion of Japan – ASEAN relations.
- Selection of courses are available in the ACTS online application system. Please visit https://acts.ui.ac.id.
The Scholarship will cover round trip airfare, tuition fee for up to ten (10) credits per student, insurance, accommodation, living cost, public transportation, and student visa.
The award is tenable for a period of 1 semester (six (6) months) during the Spring Semester 2015
Applicants shall follow the procedure of application as described in the ACTS online system. Please apply online at https://acts.ui.ac.id under “Application”.
Application for this Scholarship is due on 31 December 2014. Pre-session orientation programme followed by the academic programme will commence in April 2015
Notification of the Award
Successful applicants will be notified of the outcome by the KU.
Application form shall be obtained through online application system at https://acts.ui.ac.id and the following materials have to be submitted through the online application system.
1. Statement of purpose (Form 1 (for KUINEP) Statement of Purpose)
2. Certificate of enrollment in home university (Form 4 Certificate of enrollment)
3. Language Proficiency Supporting Documents* (TOEFL, IELTS) *required for the applicants whose native language is not English
4. Academic Transcript
5. Copy of Passport
In addition, successful applicants will be required to submit the following materials by 12 January 2015.
1. Recommendation letters (Form 2-1 2-2 Letter of Recommendation)
2. Health certificate (Form 3 Health Certificate)
For more information, please contact:
Ms.Pannapat Kaewpongmongkol Administrative Staff Kyoto University ASEAN Center No. 3925,9F BB Building, 54 Sukhumvit (Asoke), Bangkok 10110,Thailand; Ph.: +66-2-664-0060; Fax.: +66-2-664-0960 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ms. Uni Prayuti Senior Program Officer ASEAN Foundation Jl. Sam Ratulangi No. 2 Menteng, Jakarta Pusat 10350, Indonesia; Ph.: +62-21-3192-4833; Fax.: +62-21-3192-6078 E-mail: email@example.com
Leave a Reply